Eco Bamboo Toothbrush - Set of 4
It’s estimated that 3.6 billion plastic toothbrushes are used worldwide every year, with the average person using 300 in their lifetime. Unfortunately, roughly 80 per cent of these end up in the sea, posing a huge environmental risk to marine life and habitats. Each toothbrush takes up to a thousand years to decompose.
Our Eco Bamboo Toothbrush is made from Moso bamboo, making it very sustainable, safe and eco-friendly. Moso Bamboo is a grass, not a tree. Under the right conditions, it can grow almost 3 feet per day.
Available in white or charcoal.
The bristles are made from a BPA FREE polymer resistant to microbial growth during normal use, to ensure safety and durability.
- Handle made from Moso Bamboo
- White or Black Bristles made from BPA free polymer.
- Size: 19 cm
- 6 month supply (change bi-monthly).
How to recycle your old Bamboo Toothbrush
Remove the Bristles
While our bristles are recyclable, they are also the one part of a bamboo toothbrush that is not biodegradable.
Hence we remove the bristles and dispose of them separately from the toothbrush handle. There are two different methods to remove them:
- Pull them out with pliers (our favoured method)
Compost the Toothbrush Handle
The handle of your toothbrush is 100% biodegradable.
How long it takes to biodegrade depends on the conditions: in or on the soil, warm and wet, or dry and cold.
- If you just throw a bamboo toothbrush into your garden, it might take as long as 5-10 years to fully break down.
- Buried horizontally in the soil, it will take around 3 years
- A home composter should take around 4-6 months (depends on composition). You can speed this up by breaking the toothbrush down into small pieces with a hammer or saw.